Doing random acts of kindness should be a daily occurrence in our lives. However, with our hectic schedules and fast paced lives we sometimes need a reminder that kindness matters, and doing nice things makes our world a little bit better. So what better way is there to pay it forward then to spread a little bit of kindness this February 17th celebrating National Random Acts of Kindness Day.
There are hundreds of ways to show kindness, but we put together a quick list of 25 Simple Ways to Celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness to get you started.
- Let someone merge in front of you during your daily commute.
- Allow someone to cut in front of you at the checkout line (especially if they have only a few items).
- Give or leave store coupons for the next person in the check out line.
- Go out of your way to return a shopping cart.
- Buy someone a cup of coffee.
- Give someone a gift card that you do not intend to use.
- Give your server an extra generous tip.
- Smile and say “Hello” to strangers.
- Leave money in the vending machine for the next person.
- Participate in a neighborhood clean up project or local beach clean up.
- Offer to do chores for someone in need (shovel snow, run an errand, help with gardening).
- Offer to babysit for free for a mom who is in desperate need of a break.
- Offer a ride to someone who is without transportation.
- Purchase a meal for a homeless person (fast food meal, a bottle of water and a snack, gift card).
- Buy someone in need some groceries and leave it at their front door.
- Give a cash gift to your favorite charity.
- Donate gently used clothing and household items to a local charity.
- Donate old sheets and blankets to a local animal shelter.
- Volunteer your time to a community organization, food pantry, church, or school.
- Send dinner to your local emergency rescue station or police department.
- Bake cookies or sweet treats to surprise your neighbors or co-workers.
- Text, or better yet, call someone you know who is going through a hard time and comfort them.
- Give someone a genuine compliment.
- Post positive, encouraging messages on Social Media.
- Put your phone away and be present with those you are with.
How many items on this list do you think you can do on this National Random Acts of Kindness Day? Scroll down and leave a comment in the Comment Section below and be sure to show some kindness by “Liking”, “Tweeting”, “Pinning”, “Linking”, or “Sharing” this with other.